Genesis G80 Forum banner

Wheel spin 2014 G80

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Plug 
#1 ·
Despite having the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) feature of my G80 activated, the rear tyres loose traction under even light acceleration on wet roads, and similarly the front tyres when turning into roundabouts.

The original factory fitted tyres, Vantage 245/45/R18, are still in use with 38PSI all round, and with only 15,000kM on them there's plenty of tread.

I don't know if the loss of traction issue is related to the tyres, an ineffective ESC system (that as I understand it incorporates traction control), or if it's a design problem.

Has anybody else experienced this problem, and have a solution?

#3 ·
Thanks Plug - it's still under factory warranty so, while I appreciate your observations and any others that may yet "steer" me (sorry!) in a particular direction, I can report the issue to the Dealership on the car's next service.

#4 ·
UPDATE ......the tyres, that weren't fitted by Hyundai or me, are actually branded Boto Vantage, and after some research I've concluded that they're a cheap Chinese made product, and that their poor wet weather performance is endemic.

I'll be swapping over to Hankooks ASAP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.