Genesis G80 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few publications that outline what Genesis has changed for the upcoming refreshed model. It still retains an impressive amount of standard equipment for the money and for 2019 they have revised the infotainment setup and introduced a new Sport package on the 3.8. Apparently the interior materials are still a bit behind competitors. https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2019-genesis-g80-new-car-review-281474979904413

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its the 2020 model that is getting refreshed. The 2019 has only been given some minor updates. We should be seeing a whole new front and rear end for the next generation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have 2019 models already started to arrive at dealers? I'm not seeing any listed online in my area as of yet. Perhaps allocations are still an issue for the brand.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have 2019 models already started to arrive at dealers? I'm not seeing any listed online in my area as of yet. Perhaps allocations are still an issue for the brand.
I suggest you check the social media pages of your local dealers, its often the first place they post.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anyone planning to get a 2019 will be better off buying one used.

Values of these will slip quite a bit with the new G80 soon here and anytime this happened in the past, mass devaluation has been common.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Every new luxury sedan is going to suffer some steep depreciation, that's just the nature of this segment. It is going to be hard to push the 2019 model if they are that hard to come by though. People aren't going to go out of their way to find one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It depends a lot on how the model comes out. Lexus doesn't see drastic deprecation and the new G70 is looking better than past Genesis models.

·
Registered
30 Posts
10-15% is around the norm year over year and Lexus sees the same drop. The value of a used car is going to be dependent on more than just its age though, so that needs to be factored in as well. There is a reason why so many people in this segment opt for leasing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think automakers have more reasons to go with leasing and other programs that make car buying attractive.
Subscription services might turn out to save the automobile with the growing amount of people in their 20's-30's that don't have a license and don't plan on getting one.
The reasons for that are clear, currently its not worth the financial burden.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seeing as auto loan delinquencies are some of the highest they have ever been, its time that the industry starts looking at more alternatives. I don't see how people who can't afford to buy a car, decide to get one anyways. Less than 1% of all current auto loans are less than two months behind...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts