Genesis G80 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Unfortunately in terms of warranty, the dealer could potentially be a pain about it and tell you that you need to contact the tire manufacturer directly and get it done yourself.
Was that your experience? It's not like tire manufactures have store fronts we can go to, its these dealers that distribute and warranty products. It's the only process I ever known.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
6 mo later

Have been away almost six months... some difficulty with sign-on to forum.
Today STL temp was 72F. Have set tire pressure to 40# all-around. Dealer apparently "dropped" them to 32# when car was in for oil&filter change (without mentioning to me). History tells me the 40 will drop to about 35# in the colder time coming.
Have learned how to delete addresses on Nav system. Manual had me confused on location of MENU - it is the button, not the tag on nav screen. Duh! So much to learn... great.
Cheers!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Am thinking "ccflor...." is in a location warmer than MO in Winter months (nice). 40# at 72F seems to drop to about 35-36# at freezing, which MO will be enjoying soon. Preferring track-ability to soft ride, I set pressures to "high side".
Cheers!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Too bad there's no guide on this as it can go a long way in our experience with this new G80 and any other cars we have. Often its a lot of trouble shooting from car to car. I don't mind though, will use the numbers reported here as a benchmark, thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Don't know the "regulation" that governs need for a tire pressure monitoring system - may have grown from accidents determined to have under-inflated tires (most likely). There may not be a HIGH pressure requirement to monitor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Update as of June, 2018: Have kept 40# on all tires since new (Feb. '17). "Ride" feels good, to me. Gas mileage is good and wear patterns are even. Planning to stay with the "40".

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.