Genesis G80 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Genesis G80 Sport 3.3T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @Drbwell
Congrats on the G80. Did you look at other vehicles before deciding to go with it?
What options did you go with?
Yes, I looked at a Acura MDX/RDX, Audi A6, and a few others in the SUV category. I always liked the look of the Genesis vehicles. So, I decided to go the sedan route. Love the car, but just found a bubble on the front Continental Procontact TX tire. Lost the air overnight. I called Discount tire and ordered Conti DWS06 for just the front 2 wheels. S I’ll be happy with them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Five months late but it may help others here - I put Conti PureContacts on my G80 3.8 AWD last week and they are fantastic so far. I had new but "questionable" brand tires on the car when I bought it and always questioned the ride and noise in the car a little. I figured "It's a Hyundai at the end of the day - you get what you pay for...". Not anymore - the new tires transformed the car. I haven't pushed them from a handling perspective but that's not how I drive this car. I can tell you they are confident and quite up to at least 100.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For months late yet it might help other people here - I set Conti PureContacts on my G80 3.8 AWD last week and they are phenomenal up to this point. I had new however "problematic" brand tires on the vehicle when I got it and consistently scrutinized the ride and clamor in the vehicle a little.
You can buy sensible wristbands, like the solidified steel arm band featured here, on Internet stores, for instance, our own, which convey a wide scope of ladies' embellishments like rings, decorations, overpower wristbands, silver arm gatherings, genuine silver arm gatherings and gold cross additional items.
stainless steel bracelet

·
Registered
2 Posts
How are your exterior trim pieces around the windows? Water spots or clear? I am looking for something to clean mine and make them shiny again.
I also recently purchased a 2019 G80 Sport.
I have read that the exterior window trim is a problem. It deteriorates and looks bad overtime. Genesis Tech at dealer told me to get some rubbing compound. I plan to buy this and will update on if it works.

Also, SUPER BUMMED about the connected services discontinuing. What a bunch of crap. They put in cheap 3G connectivity and now I know why Genesis is so much cheaper than Mercedes & BMW.

Another note from the Genesis tech, BG fuel injector (or any kind really) cleaner is a must. They get gunked up easy. I have already noticed a average mpg increase after 1 week after treatment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also recently purchased a 2019 G80 Sport.
I have read that the exterior window trim is a problem. It deteriorates and looks bad overtime. Genesis Tech at dealer told me to get some rubbing compound. I plan to buy this and will update on if it works.

Also, SUPER BUMMED about the connected services discontinuing. What a bunch of crap. They put in cheap 3G connectivity and now I know why Genesis is so much cheaper than Mercedes & BMW.

Another note from the Genesis tech, BG fuel injector (or any kind really) cleaner is a must. They get gunked up easy. I have already noticed a average mpg increase after 1 week after treatment.
Thanks for the tip on the injector also bummed about the connected services ending this year right (date)? Also I had a Volvo s90 and it remote started in 10 sec and kind of disliking that the Genesis is about a minute to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the injector also bummed about the connected services ending this year right (date)? Also I had a Volvo s90 and it remote started in 10 sec and kind of disliking that the Genesis is about a minute to start.
It effects 2017-2019 G80 and 2017 G90. Ends December 2022

1 - 12 of 12 Posts