Genesis G80 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until Genesis decides to take the camouflage off of the test mules we've been seeing, this might be the closest we've seen to a production mode. Have to say that I'm a fan of the new front fascia and I hope we see the same amount of inspiration from the GV concept on the final product.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That front end would kill it for me. Lexus has the ugliest front ends in history and this appears very close to it. Maybe even worse.

·
Registered
286 Posts
not a fan of this either especially after seeing the concept that had no character at all. the biggest mistake Genesis could make is not including enough character or substance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
At least the front venting looks functional, but the proportions do seem a bit off. I wouldn't expect such a deviation from the outgoing model and those lights have been taken directly from what we first saw in early concepts.

·
Registered
286 Posts
At least the front venting looks functional, but the proportions do seem a bit off. I wouldn't expect such a deviation from the outgoing model and those lights have been taken directly from what we first saw in early concepts.
Looking functional is one thing but seeing it function is another, i'll be waiting for a break down of its aero ability from Genesis.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They shouldn't make it habit to be placing faux accents, as that doesn't support their position as a premium brand. The production model will be getting a much more conventional lighting setup.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They shouldn't make it habit to be placing faux accents, as that doesn't support their position as a premium brand. The production model will be getting a much more conventional lighting setup.
The new M-B E Class (W213) came out with a front end with lots of "grille" sort of like what is depicted above, but much worse. Part of problem was that the lower "grilles" on both sides were fake (no holes). So not only were they non-functional, they were also anti-functional in that they would trap air and debris. I think they finally began to put holes in them, but still not beneficial.
Audi had something similar, but you could purchase an optional wide bar to go across center from side to side of grille area. Leave blank or place a front plate on it. Improved overall appearance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see these fake vents as less of an issue if they can actually be made fully functional, but many times that's not the case. The car would have be designed with proper tunneling in order for this to be done effectively aftermarket.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about things that can be easily changed. We should worried about all the new mechanicals to come that can either make or break the G80 ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts