Genesis G80 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealor changed the roof. It was good for 2 weeks and started again. I think it may have something to do with the windshield. I would take it to the dealot.They may have better luck than mine.

· Registered
1 Posts
My 2021 Genesis started making cracking noises when backing out of the garage, going over uneven pavement and turning corners. Have taken it to 3 different dealerships and finally it was determined its the sunroof. They are stating the glass will have to be replaced from an outside source. The service technician made me feel like I really don't have to fix it, and live with the noise. So frustrated, read many reviews ...this is happening to so many buyers!!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Just got my 2021 G80 back from service and they are replacing the sunroof track system at the end of Oct. Hopefully it fixes the problem. The popping and creaking noises are driving me crazy. I'll update results. Lemon law if it doesn't work?

· Registered
1 Posts
This is a known issue with Genesis! I have a 2020 G80. Sunroof was popping from the day I got the car. Corporate had no fix and would only allow dealership to "tighten" up the sunroof. Lasted a short time. After 1 year of arguing, Genesis admitted the problem was showing up with about 50% of their sunroofs. Genesis sent me $4500 for my trouble and completely replace with new sunroof. 1 year so far and all fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts