Genesis G80 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
That is one of the most pretentious pictures I have ever seen.

Most of the article sounds about right. It will be interesting watching the brand evolve and seeing how it does. Will it fail, succeed, or even surpass expectations?

I'm just not sure it is going to be capable of reaching German levels. I think Jaguar class is maximum and Acura is more likely.
His experience is in line with where Hyundai wants to go, i'm guessing chances are good we'll see a positive outcome but of course there's no telling for sure till we see the end result of that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah that will be exciting, even more so when you have other brands like Lexus also gunning for the same position. Seems like Hyundai could be building up some fast and better mometum, and of course great product.

·
Registered
286 Posts
At this rate it wouldn't be hard to do that since Acura and Lincoln haven't set the bar that high, they're at a level that a brand like Hyundai can easily overtake them from the way I see it, but fortunate for both those brand is they have developed a following for a much longer time than Hyundai, giving them a slight edge.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Acura is making slow progress so far, it has been a couple big jumps (ILX & TLX) but after that the rest has been incremental. They really need to do something about the RLX, already the Genesis is outpacing it, from the start! That's not good at all. The RLX's predecessor started off well in the 90's and then just fell off once the 00's hit. They need to go back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well they are winning when it comes to affordable luxury that gets you the best bang for your buck. I have a few friends that work in the financial district and they've been seeing a growing amount of new Genesis sedans rolling around. That's a good response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.