Genesis G80 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a G80.....my 3rd Genesis. While I love the car, I was disappointed to discover that Android and Apple Carplay are not available in the Ultimate version, which is what I have. Oddly, if you have a lower package version, it is available. Anyone understand why?

Thx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently the Apple Carplay app is not compatible with the HD display in the upper end G80. I'm not sure what the compatibility issue is, but I can vouch for the fact that my G80 doesn't have Carplay, and the next models down do have it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That seems very back tracking though which is upsetting. Why would they have an upgraded trim level and system and not include the same features, which I feel are crucial for creature comforts especially in this day and age.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Given how big of a change Andriod and Apple systems are for the industry and how many changes are happening with Hyundai/Genesis alone, maybe this means soon we'll see a next generation version of their infotainment system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see this thread is from 2017. Do you know if anything has happened since then (ie. software update) that solved the Apple/Android incompatibility? I really would like to buy a 2017 with the Ultimate package, but I want Android Auto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts