Genesis G80 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have the warning "check aeb system" come on after driving in very heavy rain for an extended time? Mine came on but disappeared after a minute or so. I assume the sensors are sometimes temporarily obstructed from the non-stop water. I'm ok, right?

·
Registered
149 Posts
You should be okay. It would be a good idea to call a dealer and have them just make a note of it so if it does happen again, there can be a log.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good idea about notifying dealer. I had the same thing happen in the rain.

I run a Calgon Custom Bra on the front, thought it might be water build up on the thin mesh across the sensor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it was the rain that likely caused it. I'm leasing so don't really care about documenting it plus the local Hyundai dealership reps are idiots anyway. ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Idiot reps are a very common thing I find these days unfortunately. But if it's a lease and it only happens when it rains and doesn't really inconvenience you... forget about it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had it happen during the last snowstorm when it started to turn to rain. The sensor shoots a false reading in rain/snowy/salty conditions. My Mercedes E-320 4matic had the same issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Haven't been in heavy rain (yet), but think water is the reason. Same response came during hi-pressure water wash (brushless). Sort of proves system is checking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts