Genesis G80 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Genesis reveals the G80 Sport luxury sedan at the 2016 LA Auto Show.

It'll be the recipient of a new 3.3L Twin-Turbo V6 engine that pumps out 365hp at 6,000rpm and 376lb-ft of torque peaking between 1,300 and 4,500rpm. The same eight speed transmission will be used but it will be sport-tuned.

This engine slots right in the middle of the NA 3.8L V6 and the 5.0L V8. Those push 311hp and 420hp respectively.

Other than engine changes, the suspension will also undergo some upgrades. It now features damping control, upgraded rear brakes with ventilated brake discs, and covered over with some 19" wheels.

You also get a choice of rear wheel drive or all wheel drive to make matters even better

·
Registered
286 Posts
During a time when PHEV's are picking up pace especially as you get into higher priced segments, i'm surprised that Hyundai hasn't taken any action on it yet or prioritized it. It's what I was expecting for the first MY.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have they even mentioned anything of the sort in regards to it, or any vehicles in their lineup (Genesis)?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I haven't seen any specific information pointing to a G70, G80 or G90 going hybrid, instead a general report suggesting the Genesis line up will get hybrids. However the Genesis Sports Coupe concept was packing a hybrid.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay.. so it's definitely going to be happening, should be soon enough as well considering this quickly moving trend.

Give it a year or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts