Not the best Genesis service experience - Genesis G80 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Not the best Genesis service experience

Took my G80 in for its' 7500 mile service. Valet pickup service not available from Wesley Chapel Genesis, a large Hyundai dealership 25 minutes away. No loaner offered when I got there and nothing else "luxury" car service offered either. Same as an Elantra owner. Asked for synthetic oil upgrade and paid $20, no problem there. Two hours later my car is ready, I pay up, take my keys and walk to my car. No wash job, no vacuum out. When I take my wife's Q5 in for service or my S550 in, the service dept. can't do enough for you and you get your car back washed, dried and vacuumed. Genesis, are you listening. If you want to compete, in the luxury car market then compete properly. The customer service experience is very important and you just blew it big time.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 11:07 AM

Maybe there's another Genesis dealership you can visit or send in a formal complaint to the head office. Even the average joe Toyota gets at least an exterior wash. If Hyundai wants to establish a luxury brand on par with the like of Lexus and other such names, then this is unacceptable. From what I recall, dealerships make a lot of money from servicing cars and other dealers with better service may be happy to take your car in.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

I contacted Genesis with my complaint. Their reply was very comforting. These folks have a long way to go and don't know it or don't care.

"Thank you for contacting Genesis Customer Care.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us regarding Genesis Motor USA vehicles and customer service. Please be assured it is not our intention to leave customers with a bad feeling towards our Genesis vehicles.

We value your feedback and we have documented your comments. Your case number 10879741 can be referenced if we can provide further assistance."

Respectfully,

Genesis Customer Care

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 04:03 PM

Sorry to hear of your experience and it shows there are a lot of growth problems for Hyundai/Genesis to overcome.
In the past I have had success with sending actual letters to the CEO's of companies. This includes Hyundai USA and Mercedes-Benz USA. The CEO of Hyundai at the time even called me and we had an interesting 20 minute or so conversation.
When I take my M-B in for service, I call several days ahead to reserve a loaner. Valet service is not available as I live 40 minutes from them.
Nor is a ride back home. They will hand wash, dry and vacum it unless I ask them not to. However, this might add an hour or so to wait time. Regardless, I get the loaner because even the simplest service takes half a day or more. Leave car at 9 AM and never get it back before 3 PM at earliest. And this is an excellent M-B dealership.
Another consideration is that M-B charges very high prices for service in order to pay for the loaners, valet and other services.
My Nissan dealer will run it through their automatic car wash.
As for profits, dealerships make most profit off service, second most off used car sales and least off new car sales.
You can go to this site and rate the dealership, if that helpsealerrater.com
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 10:58 AM

I've recently read that there are some problems with Genesis splitting off from Hyundai dealerships. Hopefully this won't impact their level of customer service negatively because they're still a new brand that just came to be last year.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page