2021 Genesis G80 Officially Revealed
It's finally here! Genesis officially revealed the 2021 G80 and it looks spectacular!
Here's all the information that Genesis has released about the car:
- Aluminum is used for about 19 percent of the body, reducing the weight by 110 kg (243 lbs) compared to the previous G80.
- The G80 features three powertrains:
- 2.5-liter turbocharged Inline-4: 304 PS (300 HP @ 5,800 rpm) and 43.0 kgf·m torque (311 lb.-ft. from 1,650 – 4,000 rpm)
- 3.5-liter turbocharged V6: 380 PS (375 HP @ 5,800 rpm) and 54.0 kgf·m torque (391 lb.-ft. from 1,300 – 4,500 rpm)
- Diesel 2.2-liter Inline-4: 210 PS, 45.0 kgf·m torque. (Not available in the U.S. market)
- Improved door sealing, new engine compartment sound insulation and resonant sound-reducing wheels to ensure indoor quietness
- Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS):
- Highway Driving Assist II (HDA II)
- Smart Cruise Control with Machine Learning (SCC-ML)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Tech features:
- Remote Smart Parking Assistant (RSPA)
- 12.3-inch 3D instrument cluster recognizes the driver's eyes and provides various driving information and can be converted to 2D depending on the driver's preference.
- Genesis Integrated Controller
- A 14.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Valet mode is a function that enhances security so that users' personal information does not appear on infotainment screens when using a Valet parking service.
- Over-the-air, wireless updates to the navigation system.
- Phone connectivity including Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
- Luxury features:
- The driver's seat is equipped with an ergo motion seat function featuring seven air cells which enables optimum seating for each driving mode and reduces fatigue via a stretching mode and automatic posture correction functions.
- Ambient mood lamps applied throughout the interior add a sense of calm to the passenger space in various colors.
- From a sound standpoint, Genesis has enhanced the engine's sound with its Active Sound Design (ASD), standard on all G80s equipped with gasoline engines, adding an additional level of customization.
- The Lexicon sound system allows passengers to enjoy the vivid sound effects of a concert, such as "Quantum Logic Surround Audience Mode/Stage Mode," adding to the joy of listening.
- The first row HVAC system allows the driver to adjust the heated/ventilated seats in the second row and the air conditioning mode/temperature independently of the first row, increasing the convenience for second row passengers.
Overall Length (mm/in.)
4,995 / 196.7
1,925 / 75.8
1,465 / 57.7
3,010 / 118.5
RWD / AWD
Gasoline 2.5 T
Gasoline 3.5 T
Power (PS / HP)
304 / 300
380 / 375
210 / -
Torque (kgf·m / lb.-ft.)
43 / 311
54 / 391
45 / -